I had so many plans this weekend including taking pictures for several outfit posts but that didn’t happen as I was in bed with a flu since Friday. Needless to say I am behind in outfit posts however came across this post I never got around to publishing during the holidays. I’m glad I didn’t publish it then because these soft sour cream cookies with Nutella ganache are a perfect idea for Valentine’s day treat or any day for that matter. They are similar to a whoopie pie and have a delicate taste which is elevated with the Nutella filling and cocoa sprinkled on top. I made them for a Christmas party with friends and received many compliments, all the kiddies especially loved them. I’d decorate them with red/pink sprinkles or a heart candy for Valentine’s day, just melt a little bit of white chocolate drizzle it on and add the sprinkles or add a dab of the chocolate where you want to place the heart candy. I found this recipe browsing online on the A Spicy Perspective blog.
What You’ll Need:
For the cookies:
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 a cup of sour cream
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
For the Nutella ganache filling:
- 1 cup of Nutella
- 1/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, then line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Then using a hand held or stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl as necessary and beat in the sour cream and egg until the mixture is smooth.
- Turning the mixer on the low setting you can then add the vanilla, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Then you can slowly add the flour and beat the mixture until just combined.
- Then scoop a small tbsp amount size of dough and roll each one into the same size balls. Space them about 2 inches apart and bake them for approximately 8 minutes just until the edges are slightly golden.
- Once they have completely cooled on baking sheets you can prepare the Nutella ganache filling by placing both the Nutella and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heating for about 1 minute. Take it out and then stir it so the chocolate chips completely melt.
- Scoop the filling into a small plastic bag and snip the corner off to pipe it onto the cookies. Flip half of the cookies over and pipe with the Nutella ganache filling. Then top them with another cookie. You can dust them with cocoa powder. *Be careful with the cookies as the ganache filling does not set right away so the top cookies slide off easily if you pick it up or toss it roughly. I placed them in an air-tight container overnight and the next morning the cookies were set.*
Disclaimer: I am currently not a part of any affiliate programs. All opinions are 100% my own.