I’ve been doing my best to re-mix my wardrobe and I needed a change from all the neutrals I’ve been wearing so when we headed for a day in the city a few weeks ago I decided to wear this purple dress I wore last in the summer. I grabbed by my cozy and warm blanket scarf and my moto jacket did the job of adding a little edge to the look.
My winter style is not as dainty or ‘fru-fru’ as in the summer when I’m all about frolicking in the sunshine with my maxi dresses, skirts, florals and so on. In the winter I lean towards looks that are a bit edgier and that doesn’t mean looking less put together. When I first had my girls I fell into a mom rut of sorts and my winter look consisted of mostly bulky, all black outfits with little effort and no make-up and guess what it didn’t feel comfortable it just felt frumpy. To avoid that type of rut especially in the winter these are some of the simple things I do:
- Add colourful or patterend bag or shoes.
- Add a colourful or patterned scarf. I am a scarf-aholic and they always add fun pops to my outfits.
- Although I am not a hat person, they are another accessory that take a look to a whole new level.
- You can’t go wrong with bold statement jewelry and you don’t have to break the bank with amazing steals at places like Forever 21, H & M, Aldo Accessories and Winners/T.J.Maxx.
- Don’t forget your most important accessory: your face! Make sure you take good care of your skin in the winter with SPF, quality moisturizers, facials and the proper cleanser.
- A little make-up also goes a long way such as a brighter lipstick/gloss, a hint of blush and mascara.
My summer version of the dress:
Linked up with: My Girlish Whims, Because Shanna Said So, The Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On, The Mummy Chronicles, Pumps & Push-Ups, Tucker Up, Style Me Wednesday, What Wives Wear, Mix & Match Fashion, Look What I Got, Sincerely Jenna Marie, Happiness At Mid-Life, Spotlight of the Week, Jo-Lynne Shane, Style Elixir, Passion 4 Fashion, Mummy’s Got Style, Fashion Should Be Fun, Stylish Saturday, Not Dead Yet Style, Fizz & Frosting, On The Daily Express & More Pieces of Me, Let It Shine, Style To Inspire, How I Fall, Monday Mingle, Celebrate Southern, Confident Twosday, Trend Spin Link-Up, Tremendous Tuesday, All About You, Reasons To Dress
Disclaimer: I am currently not a part of any affiliate programs. All opinions are 100% my own.